This competition is open to anyone who works or has worked Professionally as a Baker/Cake Artist or in the Baking/Cake/Pastry/Chocolate industry. Judges reserve the right to ask for documentation to verify such experience. Documentation must consist of THREE email/letters from customers that have purchased creations from the entrant. He/She must be an American Resident 18 years of age or older. Contestants may enter more than one category. (Contestants under 17 years of age may only enter the Junior Theme Cake Competition.)
- All exhibitors at America’s Baking and Sweets Show may enter any of the professional competitions free of charge. Non-exhibitors, who are professional bakers, may also enter any competition for a fee of $20.00 per category. Entry fees are non-refundable. You will also need to purchase a ticket to the show if you would like to remain for the competitions.
- All entries must be pre-registered by November 7, 2016. Complete the attached entry form (SEE BELOW) and send it with your payment (non-exhibitors) by mail (address on entry form), email (email@example.com) or by fax (877) 709-5130.
- All work on the cake or other entries must be solely the work of the entrant. Entries must be original and are acceptable as long as they have never been displayed before.
- Neither America's Baking and Sweets show nor The Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center Hotel will be responsible for any loss or damage to your cake or entries during the show.
- Judging will be conducted by a team of qualified judges. Judges will resolve any tie situations and their decisions are final.
- Judges reserve the right to disqualify any entry in poor taste or that fails to adhere to the rules and regulations of the competition
- All Cake Displays must be delivered on Thursday November 10th to the Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center by 8pm. All cake displays must remain on display until Sunday, November 13th, 2016 at 6:00 pm. Displays not picked up by 7 pm will be disposed of by America's Baking and Sweets Show.
- All prizing will be allocated on Sunday upon completion of each competition. Should you be unable to attend, please arrange for a representative to collect your winning prize.
- America’s Baking and Sweets Show reserves the right to use all photographs taken at the show.
- Prizes are as follows: Flight from Chicago Illinois and One Night Accomodation to Toronto Canada for the 2017 Canada's Baking and Sweets Show. A pair (two tickets) to the Tuesday night performance of Finding Neverland at the Cadillac Palace in Chicago, the Cast Album, a Show Poster, and a Finding Neverland coffee mug. One Night Stay for 2 with Breakfast at the Hilton Garden Inn Schaumburg. A Perfect Bake PRO Smart Scale + Interactive Recipe App. A Jewellery Theme Set (Ring, Bracelet, Necklace and Earrings) from Jillicious Charms and Accessories. A $220 Girl's Night Out Basket from Entree Kitchens. Gift Basket from Wilton. Two Tickets to Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament (Schaumburg location only). $75 Gift Certificate from PME Arts and Crafts.
WEDDING CAKE COMPETITION
ALL WEDDING CAKES MUST HAVE THE COLOR "TEAL" INCORPORATED IN THEIR CAKE.
TEAL IS THE OFFICIAL COLOR OF THE NATIONAL OVARIAN CANCER COALITION (NOCC) THIS YEAR'S SHOW CHARITY:
TEAL RGB: R 0/G: 154/ B: 166
TEAL CMK: c100 m0 y30 k5
A) The cake must be created as a cake dummy (ie. Styrofoam) and must be able to reproduced in real cake. All cakes must be a minimum of twelve (12) inches in height and cake drums cannot be larger than sixteen (16) inches
B) Plastic, such as tier seperators, etc. may be used to complete the cake design. However, non-edible and purchased/maunufactured items cannot be used. Their use will result in points loss from the judges. The use of cold porcelain is not permitted
C) Judges work on a 100 point system as detailed below. The judges decisions are FINAL.
CREATIVITY AND ORIGINALITY--15
DIFFICULTY OF TECHNIQUES USED--20
NEATNESS OF CAKE COVERING AND DECORATIONS--20
USE OF COLOR--10
THE FINDING NEVERLAND PETER PAN THEME CAKE COMPETITION
A) The theme for 2016 is "Peter Pan" There are two categories this year. Professional and Junior. The Professional Category is OPEN to American Residents from the age of 18+.
B) The cake must be created as a cake dummy (ie. Styrofoam) and must be able to reproduced in real cake. All cakes must be a minimum of twelve (12) inches in height.
C) All entries must be decorated with completely edible items except for columns, cake toppers, wires and stamens. Ribbons, tulle, etc. may be used to carry out a design. As a rule, always use edible decorations over plastic ones. Cold porcelain is not allowed. Edible images are preferred and will be judged in context with the overall cake.
D) Judges work on a 100 point system as detailed below. Their decisions are FINAL.
APPLICATION OF THE THEME--15
DIFFICULTY OF TECHNIQUES USED--15
PRECISION OF TECHNIQUES USED--15
NUMBER OF TECHNIQUES USED--15
CREATIVITY AND ORIGINALITY--15
APPROPRIATENESS OF DESIGN (SIZE, SHAPE, COLORS)--15
OVERALL EYE APPEAL--10