For 2016, we have created The Peter Pan Theme Cake-Junior Division.
All Cake artists between the ages of 12-17 may enter.
Here are the rules:
- All exhibitor's children at America’s Baking and Sweets Show may enter this competition free of charge. All other Young Adults between the ages of 12-17 can enter for a fee of $20.00 . Entry fees are non-refundable. You will also need to purchase a ticket to the show if you would like to remain for the competitions.
- All entries must be pre-registered by November 7, 2016. Complete the attached entry form (SEE BELOW) please write JUNIOR DIVISION on the top and send it with your payment (non-exhibitors) by mail (address on entry form), email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by fax (877) 709-5130.
- All work on the cake or other entries must be solely the work of the entrant. Entries must be original and are acceptable as long as they have never been displayed before.
- Neither America's Baking and Sweets show nor The Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center Hotel will be responsible for any loss or damage to your cake or entries during the show.
- Judging will be conducted by a team of qualified judges. Judges will resolve any tie situations and their decisions are final.
- Judges reserve the right to disqualify any entry in poor taste or that fails to adhere to the rules and regulations of the competition
- All Cake Displays must be delivered on Thursday November 10th to the Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center by 8pm. All cake displays must remain on display until Sunday, November 13th, 2016 at 6:00 pm. Displays not picked up by 7 pm will be disposed of by America's Baking and Sweets Show. Entries will not be accepted after this time and will be disqualifed.
- All prizing will be allocated on Sunday upon completion of each competition. Should you be unable to attend, please arrange for a representative to collect your winning prize.
- America’s Baking and Sweets Show reserves the right to use all photographs taken at the show.
- Prizes are as follows: A pair (two tickets) to the Tuesday night performance of Finding Neverland at the Cadillac Palace in Chicago, the Cast Album, a Show Poster, and a Finding Neverland coffee mug. A Perfect Bake PRO Smart Scale + Interactive Recipe App. A Jewellery Theme Set (Ring, Bracelet, Necklace and Earrings) from Jillicious Charms and Accessories. A $220 Gift Basket from Entree Kitchens. A $140 Gift Basket from Wilton. Two tickets to Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament (Schaumburg Location). $75 Gift Certificate from PME Arts and Crafts.
THE FINDING NEVERLAND THEME CAKE
A) The theme for 2016 is "Peter Pan" The Junior Category is OPEN to anyone between the ages of 12-17.
B) The cake must be created as a cake dummy (ie. Styrofoam) and must be able to reproduced in real cake. All cakes must be a minimum of twelve (12) inches in height
C) All entries must be decorated with completely edible items except for columns, cake toppers, wires and stamens. Ribbons, tulle, etc. may be used to carry out a design. As a rule, always use edible decorations over plastic ones. Cold porcelain is not allowed. Edible images are preferred and will be judged in context with the overall cake.
D) Judges work on a 100 point system as detailed below. Their decisions are FINAL.
APPLICATION OF THE THEME--15
DIFFICULTY OF TECHNIQUES USED--15
PRECISION OF TECHNIQUES USED--15
NUMBER OF TECHNIQUES USED--15
CREATIVITY AND ORIGINALITY--15
APPROPRIATENESS OF DESIGN (SIZE, SHAPE, COLORS)--15
OVERALL EYE APPEAL--10